ABOUT THE LUSAKA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Lusaka International Film Festival is a registered not-for-profit making Trust involved in the showcasing of African and world cinema in Zambia and the Southern African region. The LIFF supports the following four major programmes:
To be a dynamic institution for the promotion of radical storytelling and sustainable innovations in film making both in Zambia and the region. To contribute to the film industry in Zambia and internationally by the development, production, selling and distribution of innovative audio visual products together with education and training services.
Objectives of LIFF
- To create positive social and economic change through the use of media and culture;
- To provide access to skills training and exhibition platforms for aspiring and professional Zambian filmmakers while ensuring that diverse ideas are represented;
- To provide Zambians with a platform to explore and promote their culture and a venue to dissect and discuss African culture and cinema;
- To provide opportunities for young people from various backgrounds, with special preference given to women, to make films and enhance their audiovisual literacy thereby increasing their chances of succeeding in the industry; and
- To forge new creative partnerships across the African continent in order to further the innovative development of the film sector.